Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oh ! The Twenties !!

A few days back I was driving around in a crowded market place, when I remembered that I need to buy some medicines. Since it was a crowded market place, I was looking for a place to parking - and finally found a small lane . I parked my car on one side of the already very small lane.

I went about doing my shopping and came back to my car to return home. Now, the real challenge began. I needed to reverse my car in the very small lane. I started the engine to take it forward - when I saw a young girl in her early twenties beginning to park her scooty there. Oh ! ho !

I honked my horn, and gestured to her to move her scooty a little so that I could remove my car - she obliged - and I moved my car forward . I turned my car to the right to start making the U turn. This meant , that the space where I had parked my car earlier was empty now for me to reverse and straighten my car.

To my surprise, this young girl , now turns her scooty and parks it at the very same place that I had parked mine, making impossible for me to reverse now. I felt incredulous. I started laughing at the sudden turn of events. Maybe the girl hadnt realized what she had done. ( I looked around there was no other way I could squeeze my car out ). I honked my car two or three times. My funny predicatement had already attracted the attention of the nearby shop owners - who were watching the fun from the corner of their eye.

Thankfully the girl turned. I ached back from my car and requested the girl to remove her bike from the behind my car. Before I could say anything more - the girl - turns back with a questioning look on her face and says - "What ? you had just now parked the car here na ! Now I will park !! you cant stop me !"

Uh ! With a smile on my lips and mind - I did not know what to say - whether to laugh or to cry ! The shopkeepers around also had a smile of disbelief on their faces. Nobody turned to look at me though - they suddenly seemed very immersed in whatever they were doing .

I couldnt help but laugh at the innocent, funny way that only a youth in her early twenties could think. At twenty, one feels at the top of the world - everything seems with in reach - your self belief looks to be at a all time high. You are out to change the world - and the world looks oh! so topsy-turvy ! The twenties is also a funnily arrogant phase too that way - and sadly one of the main reasons that most of us experience our first failure in life. But the twenties is the twenties - there is no better age than that to be in at that time.

Smiling at the unexpected turn of events I was gifted by this wonderful day , I somehow did manage to U turn my car without waking the girl up from her story and drove on home.

5 comments:

Nilu,  October 19, 2010 at 8:19 PM  

Great driving skills! Am wondering how you managed to reverse your car without the cooperation of the girl.

Gayatri Karthik Gayatri Sivaraman,  October 19, 2010 at 8:55 PM  

:-)
My hubby who was reading it with me, blamed it on the gender of the person, rather than the age !

Veena,  October 22, 2010 at 9:31 PM  

Neel,

One of the shopkeepers in the front lane took pity on me ;) and guided me out :)

Gayu ,

>> My hubby who was reading it with me, blamed it on the gender of the person, rather than the age !

ya.! ya ! :)


btw, why do you put two names in your name :P

Yian,  October 23, 2010 at 4:55 PM  

Haha, what a funny read- I clicked 'next blog' on the top of the page and was presented with your blog. I'm just starting to learn how to drive a car- I promise I won't do what that girl did when I pass my test :)

Veena,  October 27, 2010 at 10:49 PM  

@Lian,

Nice having you on my blog:)

>> I'm just starting to learn how to drive a car- I promise I won't do what that girl did when I pass my test :)

:)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP