Akhiyoan ke Jharokoan se and some more ! :)
|
My quest and interest for Ravindra Jain began when I heard this song. I was so touched by the sheer beauty in the song, that I went on to find out more about its music director, Ravindra Jain. I got very very intrigued about Ravindra Jain when I heard that he is blind.
I went on to do some research on his life and his music. And heres what I found out about his life - He was born blind in Aligarh on 28 February, 1944 to Late Pt.Indramani Jain (Vaidya Shastri) and Late Smt. Kiran Devi Jain. He is married to Smt. Deevya Jain (Daughter of Shri R.S.Jain & Poetess-Writer Smt.Nirmala Jain) . Qualifications wise, he has a degree 'Sangeet Prabhakar' - Degree from Prayag Sangeet Samiti (Allahabad).
But I think what speaks most about him, is his music. There is some kind of purity and innocence in his compositions that do not fail to touch your heart.
Here are some more beautiful pieces of his music.
Do Jasoos - Karen Mehsoos( Movie - Do Jasoos )
I had heard this song when I was a child. And I never ever forgot it. When I was writing this post, I was more than thrilled to figure out that the song has been composed by Ravindra Jain.
This is just the kind of song that would delight a child and adult alike.
|
Dariya Cha Raaja - Do Jasoos( Movie - Do Jasoos )
|
tera mera saath rahe ( Movie -Saudagar )
Thanks to my friend Roli for introducing this song to me.
|
Other than the ones that I have posted above(i.e. the ones that I absolutely love ), Ravindra Jain has also composed some the greatest hits of bollywood like - Jab Deep Jale Aana ( Chitchor ), Geet Gaata Chal ( Geet Gaata Chal ), Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge ( Chor Machaye Shor ). Go ahead - go to UTube and have a listen :)
For those of you who are at office, dont forget to put your headphones on, before you put the music on in this post :)
Here's wishing you a fun filled and musical week ! :)
3 comments:
It is nice to come to know the music directors and poets who write the songs. I got my introduction to old hindi film songs from Vivid-Bharati on the radio. I used to listen every night from 10 pm to 11 pm and before each song, they would mention the poet, music director and the singer. That is how I first started recognizing the styles of poetry and music of each of the old artists and started having my favorites. Among my favorite music directors are Roshan, S D Burman, Shankar Jaikishan and Hemant Kumar (who gave music to most of the song he sung). Among the poets, Sahir Ludhianvi, Neeraj, Kaifi Azmi, Gulzar and Shailendra (who wrote most of Raj Kapoor's songs).
Just an interesting aside: I also listened to a Pakistani channel on shortwave radio sometimes and that is how I learned that a lyricist is called 'Moosekar' and a music director is called 'Nagmo-nikhaar' in Urdu.
Dear Veena,
I listened to these songs during my lunch break today. Really enjoyed myself- the old songs had so much melody, didn't they?
How are your music lessons coming up?
Shruti,
I still listen to radio(Vividh bharati) from 10-11 most nights. You are right in that one comes know of the signature styles of various music directors only after listening on radio. OP Nayyar, SD Burman, Laxmikant Pyarelal, Madan Mohan, Naushad, Salil Chowdhury & RD Burman are some of my fav music directors. I must admit though that I do not pay attention to lyrics as much as I do to music. I only started doing that due to my hubby's influence- he sets a lot of store by lyrics.
BTW- lyrics are "mausiki" in urdu.
@Shruti, @Neelu,
Feels good to get comments from both of you. Wish the other girls( Gayu, Divya, and Preity ) commented too . I am sure they read this blog :)
>> I got my introduction to old hindi film songs from Vivid-Bharati on the radio.
Hmm. Let me start that.
And you are right, each of the music directors have their signature style. I dont recognise all of them - Though I guess, I can recognise a Roshan, Hemant Kumar or a SD Burman. And lyricist, I have not observed the old lyricists. Among the new ones, Javed Aktar seems to be doing a good job. I havent found others worth mentioning.
And that was an interesting aside on the Urdu music.
Post a Comment